United Barrel Racing Association Rules (2012 Season Adjustments)
Joining the United Barrel Racing Association
Any person may join the United Barrel Racing Association by completing a membership application. The application may be completed online, at a UBRA certified event or mailed. Memberships run from January 1st to December 31st of each year (October 1st, 2012 to December 31st, 2012 for the 2012 transition season). Contestants must submit completed application and pay said membership fees before points or qualification may be earned. Membership in the United Barrel Racing Association (UBRA) is a privilege, not a right. Membership shall be made by application and is subject to the discretion of the executive committee. Membership or application may be terminated or rejected by the executive committee for cause detrimental to the interest of the association, it's programs, policies, objective, and harmonious relationship of it's members as determined by the executive committee. A confirmation/welcome email will be sent once the membership application has been processed which will be within 3-4 weeks after their application and membership fees are received in the main office.
The UBRA has four divisions in which a member can earn points and awards.
1. Open Division – open to any age, sex. $50 membership fee
2. Youth Division – 17 yrs and under as of Jan 1st. $30 membership fee.
3. Futurity Division –Horses 5 & under that have not competed prior to December 1 of year preceding futurity. $30 membership fee
4. Pee Wee Division – 8 years & under as of Jan 1st $20 membership fee
Family memberships are an additional $20 for each additional family member per division (spouse or child under 17 yrs or younger).
Youth & PeeWee members may obtain Open memberships and earn points in the Open division towards year awards.
Points are based on a 2D full second split for open, youth and futurity divisions. PeeWee points are non-divisional. 20 points for 1st place, 19 for 2nd, 18 for 3rd…1 for 20th. Open, youth and peewee points may be earned in their respective age divisions in accordance to WSCA/producer rules for their respective divisions. PeeWee/ Youth points may also be earned in the 1st open class is no PeeWee/Youth class is offered. Futurity points may only be earned in UBRA certified Futurity classes. Points will be taken on the horse earning the most points (only 1 set of points per horse per class and only 1 set of points per person per division per class). Example: You can win points in both divisions in the same class, on two different horses. You can not, however, win points on two horses, in the same division, for the same class. No trailer race. 40 Run Limit. Maximum number of runs to count for year end awards is 40. The 40 highest points will be used to determine the final point standings. Any combination of UBRA Produced double points shows and sanctioned open shows that total 40 runs. UBRA Tours were created for UBRA members as a benefit for UBRA members. UBRA members are eligible for additional Added Money/Awards – much like a sidepot – with no additional fee for UBRA members. Points are based on 40 points for 1st place, 39 for 2nd…1 for 40th.
Abuse of any kind to animals, property and persons is not tolerated. Members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner representing good sportsmanship at all times.
Entering Certified Show
- 1st Offense: Written Warning; and
- 2nd Offense: Disqualification of event, termination of membership.Any points or SS$ will be forfeited.
Any situation not covered above will be handled by UBRA personnel. This decision will be handled in a fair and reasonable manner, and will be final.
Members must check appropriate boxes on entry forms to obtain points.
UBRA Members earn points at UBRA certified events for year end awards; state awards. State Titles will be determined by year long point accumulation. Point accumulation runs from 1/1 to 12/31 of each year. Any state that has 50 members or any membership division qualifies for its own state awards. States with less than 50 members will be combined and know as the “Combined Region”. Runs with penalties will not receive any points. UBRA Shopping Spree Dollars are awarded for State titles. SS$=Shopping Spree Dollars. SS$ do not equal cash. Points do not equal SS$. Awards and prizes are subject to change.
Standings are updated and posted online the 1st of every month and published in the HORSE DIGEST magazine. Tie Breakers: In the event of a tie the value of SS$ are added together and divided by the # of people tying. Ie: If there is a three way for 3rd, you take the 3rd, 4th and 5th place SS$ add them together and divide them by 3. The same policy applies to payouts if a person ties for placing in a jackpot that is PRODUCED by UBRA.
Arena rules are left to the discretion of each producer/arena. They must be made available to contestant upon their request, included in advertising and be prominently posted at the events. Each producer is in charge of their own show, rules, guidelines... The producers simply submit the complete class results within 14 days of the event to firstname.lastname@example.org as an excel file via email. The UBRA calculates the points and publishes them online.
- CERTIFICATION FEES: The standard UBRA certification fee is $25 and includes certification for for each UBRA division (PeeWee, Youth, Open, Futurity). Additional certified classes may be added for $5 per class.
- PROTECTED RADIUS: There will be a protected radius of 200 miles for UBRA Tour events. The UBRA World Show will be the only UBRA certified event during that event.
- CERTIFICATION DEADLINE: Complete a UBRA Certification form and submit it with the appropriate fees to us at least 14 days before your event. Any events that have to be re-scheduled may use do so by notifying the UBRA within 48 hours of date change or the event cannot be re-scheduled within 5 days and credit for certification will not be given.
- SERIES AWARDS: There will be a specific award for all series Champions donated that will be announced by January 1st, 2012. Shopping Spree Dollars will not be awarded to Series Champions. Any producer certifying 8 or more UBRA certified events will have UBRA high point series prizes awarded at their respective State awards banquets as well as receive additional advertising benefits.
UBRA World open to UBRA members who have obtained 8 qualifications. Qualifications can be earned from after the UBRA World up to 3 weeks prior to the following year’s event for any member that does not allow their membership to expire. Membership must be active to accumulate qualifications.
****Any & all decisions on items not covered here will be decided by the management and decisions by the management are final.
UBRA BLACK LIST:
Lori K 'Oshea (Houlton, WI)
Person(s) on the UBRA Black List are banned from participating in any UBRA Certified event unless otherwise noted by another sanctioning body. Violations resulting in Black LIsting include, but are not limited to: writing bad checks, accusing or making statements detrimental to UBRA
producer, members, committee persons or
sponsors. The UBRA shall
indemnify any person who was or is a party or is threatened
to be made a party to any threatened, pending or completed
action, suit or proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative